At Continental Building Services, we offer much more than janitorial work, restorations, and window cleaning. One of the many specialties that we offer under our Security Program is Fire Guard Services. Fire safety is something that we don’t often think about, but when disaster strikes, it’s the most important practice that building owners can take.
Preparation is key when it comes to fire safety. It not only saves lives, but also prevents irreplaceable damage, expensive liabilities, and the possibility of business foreclosure. For these reasons, our Fireguards at Continental are highly trained and FDNY certified to protect your organization from all fire risks. We are ready to provide your organization with an office Fireguard, but in the meantime, take a look at these fire safety tips:
The best plan of action is always preventative maintenance. Be sure that all of these procedures are covered in your office:
- Maintain working fire alarms and smoke detectors.
- Plan your escape routes and teach employees the basics of fire safety.
- Keep flammable objects away from ovens, space heaters, etc.
- Do not smoke inside
- Turn off appliances when they are not being used.
- Have access to fire extinguishers, fire blankets, and fire escape ladders.
What to Do When There is a Fire
When disaster strikes, be sure that all your employees know how to act. Office fires are most dangerous when the following procedures are not followed.
- Do not panic.
- Extinguish the fire if possible.
- Rescue humans before belongings.
- Call 911 on your way out.
- Take the stairs
- Feel doorknobs
- Drop and crawl under smoke.
Searching for Fire Guard Services?
Continental has you covered. You can rely on Continental’s experienced experts to make sure your facility is compliant with all New York City, New York State, and United States fire codes. Contact us online or at (718) 851-0004 to learn more about our extensive Fireguard services.